Monday, April 18, 2016

Danganronpa: The Animation

Danganronpa: The Animation is literally my obsession (well, I do have a lot of obsessions, so I guess it would be more accurate to say one of my many obsessions or something along those lines). On Friday, volume one of the manga came out, so instead of going to a lame Challenge Day, I went to the bookstore and brought it (along with like ten other volumes of mange so bye-bye birthday money). I finished it in less than an hour because it is literally amazing, and I decided to then watch all 13 episodes over again for like the one hundredth time since I couldn't get enough of it (seriously, how can they possible expect me to wait until AUGUST 2ND for the next volume?!) I guess I should probably explain why I like this anime series so much. It's about 15 students, each one of the being the ultimate high school student in a different category, who are accepted in to Hope's Peak Academy. The name is ironic because it's actually a school of despair. The principal, a diabolical bear named Monokuma, refuses to allow any student to leave the school unless they graduate (meaning if you don't graduate, you're stuck living at the school forever), and the only way to graduate is to commit the prefect murder of another classmate and get away with it without being discovered. The students have to hold a trial after each murder to figure out who committed it. If they guess correctly, the guilty party receives "capital punishment" from Monokuma, but if the jury is incorrect, the jury receives "capital punishment" from Monokuma while the guilty party gets to graduate and leave Hope's Peak. Overall, it's a really cool anime not only because the mysteries are fun to solve, but it also deals with the shift between hope and despair. It's something that you find in everyday life just by looking at people, so it's interesting to see their take on it. Anyway, I'm probably droning on about something no one else really cares about, so I'll just list some characters and pictures and call it a day, deal?

Characters:

Monokuma - "Principal"



Makoto Naegi - Ultimate Lucky Student/Ultimate Hope



Kyoko Kirigiri - Ultimate Detective



Byakuya Togami - Ultimate Affluent Progeny


Touko Fukawa/Genocider Shio - Ultimate Writing Prodigy/Ultimate Murderous Friend



Aoi Asahina - Ultimate Swimming Pro



Yasuhiro Hagakure - Ultimate 



Sayaka Maizono - Ultimate Pop Sensation


Leon Kuwata - Ultimate Baseball Star


Chihiro Fujisaki - Ultimate Programmer


Mondo Owada - Ultimate Biker Gang Leader


Kiyotaka Ishimaru - Ultimate Moral Compass


Celestia Ludenburg - Ultimate Gambler


Sakura Ogami - Ultimate Martial Artist


Junko Enoshima - Ultimate Fashionista/Ultimate Despair


Mukuro Ikusaba - Ultimate Soldier/Ultimate Despair



Classroom Trials in session. Bwahahaha. Let the voting begin...





- Delanna

P.S. I'm sorry for creeping you out with my weird obsessions. Especially my strange anime obsessions, but if you read all the way through, that's kinda your fault. So, I guess you can't hold me responsible for anything. Hahaha. Lose all hope all those who read this blog!! Saw what I did there?! The whole hope and despair thing from above...no? Oh, I'll just shut up for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment