Friday, July 8, 2016

What About Me?! Delanna, You Get to Carry the Melon...

So, today was grandmother's birthday. I went all over town this morning looking for a variety of gifts that each of my family members could present her (since everyone waited until the last minute, I was tasked with this job because I didn't wake up early enough not to be tasked with that stupid job). I finally found something for everyone literally right before her "surprise" party was about to start (it really wasn't a surprise). Anyway, I was pretty pumped up because I was going to give her a new phone case, but then, my mom was like no. She told me to carry a melon and give her that. It's like seriously?! After all that hard work, all I got to do was lug a watermelon around. Apparently, it wasn't the right size or kind of melon, and my grandmother threw my hard work away right in front of me. I literally felt like crying...


- Delanna

P.S. You can add watermelon to the list of fruit I hate. It's now a close second to bananas purely because of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment