Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Guy Who Invented the Sun Roof Should Be Shot

Seriously, the guy who invented the sun roof should be shot. You want to know why? Well, as those of you in my area know, it was pretty much raining cats and dogs, shoemakers' apprentices, chair legs, fire and brimstone, frogs, and old ladies and sticks today. So much so, that my sister and I were pretty much stranded in my car (even though it was parked right in front of my house). Delaney, who was terrified, decided to start messing with buttons to take her mind off the lightning around us. Well, she "accidentally" (I think she did it on purpose because it was clearly labeled) hit the button that opened my sun roof. So, in the end, we both got soaked along with the inside of my car. Which was the very thing we were trying to avoid. Joy. Therefore, I think the person who invented that useless thing (I never use it at least) should be shot. Seriously, who uses those things? It's just a hole in a roof. Nothing special. It's too small to let in wind, but it's big enough to let a lot of water in. Go figure.

- Delanna

P.S. We use the saying, "It's raining cats and dogs," in America, right? So where are the other ones from? Well, "It's raining shoemakers' apprentices," (Det regner skomagerdrenge) is Danish. "It's raining chair legs," (Βρέχει καρεκλοπόδαρα/Brékhei kareklopódara) is Greek while, "It's raining fire and brimstone," (Það rignir eld og brennustein) is Icelandic. The Polish use, "It's raining frogs," (Leje zabami), and the Welsh say, "It's raining old ladies and sticks" (Mae hi'n bwrw hen wragedd a ffyn).

No comments:

Post a Comment