Thursday, September 1, 2016

Thirty Days HATH September

Thirty days hath September,
April, June, and November.
All the rest have thirty-one,
Except for February alone,
Which hath but twenty-eight days clear,
And twenty-nine in each leap year.

I dunno why, but I have this stupid poem stuck in my head. It always seems to happen on the first of September which is really annoying. I remember how my third grade teacher drilled this in to my head. She kept saying we only needed to know it for a test, and then, without a doubt, we would forget it. Well, it's been almost ten years now, and I STILL HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN IT. It's plagues my very existence with its annoyingness. I literally cannot stand this poem, but I will admit it is helpful when I need to remember how many days are in each month. The only other problem I have with this whole thing is the word "hath" because my teacher used to tell us that it was "has", but then, I discovered it was actually "hath" which crushed me. I'm not sure why, but I haven't been the same since. Weird, huh?

- Delanna

P.S. I was looking at the shape the poem makes when it is centered, and it kinda reminds me of a top hat. See it? Sorry, I guess I got distracted again, but you have to admit that it's cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment