Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Burn Baby Burn!

So, here's a super funny story. Today, my dorm caught on fire. Yep, that's right. IT FREAKING CAUGHT ON FIRE. I was sleeping in late this morning (with late being a planned noon but turned into an unexpected eleven) when I was rudely awoken by the bloody fire alarm. If you have ever had to wake up to a fire alarm, I can totally sympathize with you. It's not pleasant. It scared the hell outta me. I woke up super confused because it almost sounded like my ears were ringing (but like a thousand times worse). It took me a good twenty seconds to realize what was happening, so I wound up grabbing my ID and phone and was outta my room like flint. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one who just woke up. I would say at least one third of the students evacuating had also just rolled outta bed. It was kinda funny since most of them were still in pajamas. Anyway, what sucked about this whole thing wasn't the fact that my dorm had the potential to burn to the ground. It was the realization that I didn't grab my backpack because I had class in less than two hours. I was seriously hoping that the fire would be put out super quick and that would be that, but no. Five fire trucks (with two of them sporting some super cool ladders) and two and a half hours later, they were still working on the building. Apparently, they put the fires out relatively quickly (yes, fires because there were two that started because a water pipe burst and flooded an electrical room or something), but they had to send repairmen in to fix the damage before any students were allowed back in. So, I wound up going to class with two sheets of paper, a pencil, and a roll of aluminum foil (don't ask) that I borrowed from a friend. The moral of this hilarious story is to always grab your classwork BEFORE saving yourself when your dorm is burning. XD

- Delanna

P.S. Because of this whole fiasco, I wound up getting the song, Burn Baby Burn, stuck in my head. FOR HOURS. In fact, I'm humming it to myself while I'm typing this up. Now, if you excuse me, I think I'm going bang my head on a wall to get it out.

P.P.S. Before I go, I should probably mention that there was no serious damage or any injuries (that I know of). That's why my friends and I can laugh at this. Had it been bigger, I would be taking it a lot more seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment